Cable Rod and Gun Club Membership Drive
It’s that time of year again to renew your 2019 membership with the Cable Rod and Gun Club. Memberships run from January 1st-December 31st.
What we have been working on this past year…..
- Through several years, and a lot of work from a bunch of people, we finally had the opportunity to buy OUR Gun Club. We will make a payment of $2,790.00 per year for 10 years until it is paid off.
- With a generous donation from a member, we were able to hire a professional to construct a brand-new website at cablerodandgunclub.com. Although we are still working out some changes with it, it is up and running!!
- With a generous anonymous donation, we were able to provide a manager position for the last half of 2018.This will continue again for 2019.
- In 2018 we had a Fun Fall Trap Shoot league of 6 weeks. With feedback from our members, we will be making improvements to this league and plan on continuing this again in September of 2019.
- Improved the Rifle Range prior to our annual sight in day.
What we are planning for 2019……
- Ice Fishing Contest February 2nd at the Loon Saloon
- Parking cars for Birkie at the Club
- Two different camping events hosted at the Club
- Pistol shooting – learning about your gun? Practicing? League?
- Club house opens first part of May.
- Summer Trap league to start May 30th and Skeet shooting will start in June
- Pig Roast Sunday of Labor Day Weekend
- Fall Fun shoot league to start in September
- 2019 Banquet
- Repairs and Maintenance to the Club House and the property
Why renew, you ask?
Well…. let me list the many reasons!
- Your annual membership is a very minimal cost at $40.00/single or $50.00/family.
- Membership costs may increase at the annual meeting in June, and if they do, you will be already paid.
- Your support is used to keep OUR Club up and running!
- It will cost you less in shells (per case) and rounds. Non-member rounds are currently $8 per round vs. a Member round at $5 per round.
- Non-members are asked to make a $5.00 minimum donation, per person each time they use our facility.
- Your membership also supports the Drummond High School trap team and other youth by teaching how to properly handle guns and giving them the opportunity to be the next generation of Gun Club sports and hunting.
- Your membership also allows you to shoot on one of our trap leagues.
- Gives you an opportunity to be around others with the same interests.