SUMMARY: NOTE: February 15 meeting is cancelled. And… Please consider updating your membership for 2022! Put April 19th on your calendar!
This is an update on a couple of items. After the Ice Fishing Contest, a few of the board members met on Monday to review the results.
- The Ice Fishing contest was a successful fundraiser! There is one more small bill to come in. The net will be just under $2,000.
- The results of the fishing contest are posted to the Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/Cable-Rod-and-Gun-Club-Inc-366121395495/
- With all funds deposited, the club’s cash is at $20,593.32. There are current liabilities of $5,100 for earthwork completed to date. There is also the future liability for the $10,500 of shot shells ordered for the Drummond high school trap team and another $2,200 for shot shells ordered for the club members. Note that these items are all reimbursed as they are sold.
- An inventory of shells was found that the club was able to purchase at a reasonable cost at today’s prices. The concern is that the club cannot assume that we will have either of these two purchases fulfilled until the shells are delivered.
- Shells are very hard to find. Members, note that if you find a source of shells that you can purchase for yourself for the season, buy them! Or, if you hear of a larger quantity that might be available, please let a board member know so that the club can pursue them!
- The club house has a person that has agreed to be the new bartender. She is Dawn Peterson. Welcome Dawn!
- We discussed the February meeting scheduled for next Tuesday, the 15th. A decision was made to cancel this meeting. We will see you in March on the second Tuesday, March 8, at the club house!
- For the meeting, we will be making the final plans for the April 19th Cable Chamber of Commerce After Five gathering, happy hour, etc. Plans for that event include:
- Food and Drink
- The awarding the recipients the awards from last year’s shooting. Note that the awards are currently on display in the club house.
- A shooting demonstration, hopefully by the Drummond Highschool trap team.
- Recruiting new members.
- Please send or bring us your additional ideas. Please!
- NOTE: Last month’s (January) meeting minutes are on the club’s website.
- With all the activity the club is undertaking, now would be a very good time to renew your membership for 2022! That can be easily done at: https://cablerodandgunclub.com/membership/
Note that you can pay online (makes the record keeping easier) or you can download the updated membership application and mail it in or drop it off.